CIDR and doe not coming into heat

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Patty13637, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

I have a 2 year old that freshened last year no problems. Problem this year is I have not seen her in heat . I have luted her 2x and still no signs. I just put in a cidr. When is the earliest I can pull it to try to breed her . Its getting late and I do not want to be kiddin til aug .

Patty

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

3. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

EEK homework to read .

Thanks

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OK this is what Kaye said in Sept 07

5. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Patty,
    Do you have PG 600? This time of year, if it's not a boer, then I would use the PG 600 the day before I pulled the CIDR. I've done quite a few this year (boers) with the 14 day pull and they've settled. (HERE, I set up a doe for a buck collection and pulled the CIDR at 12 days, she was in heat the next am. She was a great "jump" victim and then bred to the buck. She settled.) We're still technically in the last stages of breeding season...though cycles are shorter and quieter.

If you've used lute...then the doe is not bred. I get kinda' antzy with people who say she's not bred but been exposed to a buck at this stage in the game. If they've given lute 9-11 days after exposure to a buck, then the doe is definately not bred.
    Kaye

6. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I've used CIDR's quite a bit over the years. I've followed the instructions from my wonderful vet at the U of M. I pull them out on day 12 and give PG600 at the time of removal. This protocol has always worked here during breeding season as well as during the 'off' season.

Sara

7. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

I do not have pg6000 but I will call my Vet and see if she has it .

The doe has not been exposed except the other day when she should have been in heat , I was there the whole time. there is no way she was bred. She is really just pissing me off about now ! I luted 2 the same day 1 came in and the other did not eerrrrr.

Thanks , Patty

8. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

You're vet probably won't have it. It's listed on Jefferspet.com under swine. Order the 5 single dose vials...not the cheaper 5 dose vial. Trust me on this one! You've got the CIDRs...you will eventually need the PG 600, anyway. Jeffers should be able to get it to you in 3 days.
    There's enough PG 600 to do 10 does, just keep it in the refrig and use it next breeding season.
    Kaye

9. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I have some in the fridge you can have for shipping. No way will it last another year...and I know it worked just 3 months ago :) Vicki

10. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Cool Vicki . I need to order from Jeffers but not for about a week. So if you could send it out that would be great .

send the cheapest way I have a little time. I will mail you a check then.

Anything else I should be ordering ?

Thanks guys . ANd welcome back did you 2 have a nice few days off?

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member

you must be joking Vicki have a day off?? also pm her.

12. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yeah Kaye and I flew to the Bahamas for a few days of R&R :) I will put it in the mail tommorrow Patty! You can erase your address now. Vicki

13. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Well I am glad you had a good time !

14. Melissa

Melissa New Member

I KNEW it! you left without us! and didn't even sent out post cards. shaaaame!

-Melissa

15. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

That's just wrong!

16. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:hi Yeah, you oughta' see the tan lines.... I guess we could send 'em some of the little umbrellas from our drinks??
    :rofl
    Kaye

17. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Nope I want a picture. And an invite for next time ....