Changing a Herd Name

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by DostThouHaveMilk, Dec 20, 2008.

1. I don't like my herd name...lol I don't like how it sounds or it's length. I was thinking just something like MMH would be better. My name will never be big anyways, so it's only important to me.

I have not registered/recorded any animals into my current herd name (Morn*Mist) yet. I've only transferred animals into my ownership. Am I allowed to just change my herd name and pay another herdname fee?

Is this just a silly idea and the Morn*Mist is just fine?

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

You have to pay for it, so in reality you will have two. It's no biggy at all. I own a couple of herdnames and will own one more when it is grandfathered out :) I have also given permission to someone to use my herdname before...ADGA is very easy to deal with. Oh and I also have my original ADGA number from 1986. Vicki

3. So, if I purchased a second herdname and I recorded half in one herdname and half in the other, I am assuming the offspring would have to carry the same herdname as their dams? The reason for the two would be length of the goat's name...

It's good info to know. Thanks!

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yes I would think the daughters you have out of Morning Mist does, would have to be transferred into your new name....but since it's the same person who owns the owned by, I guess not? Well you will have to ask on that one ;) Vicki

5. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

when I changed my herd name from Clifton's Kids to Bryrpatch I had to sign a sheet stating that Clifton's kids was released by me for use for someone else.