CDT and BoSe

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by 2Sticks, Feb 24, 2008.

1. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

I have a FF due in 2 weeks and need to give her a CDT and a BoSe. Can I give both today? Sould I wait on one, and if so which should I give first?

Also, sent blood into Bio-tracking on the other two and found out one was pregnant and the other wasn't. Both were Neg on CAE. Can't get the one to settle. When I bought her the lady told me she hadn't bred her in two years, but she doesn't look as if she's ever kidded. May end up in the freezer ;)

Tamera

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

you can give both now but I would give the CD/T and then a week before the BoSE

3. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

Thank you Sondra,
    I appreciate your help. Off to give her the CD/T now.

Tamera

4. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

How old is the one that was not pregnant? If you are going by the size of the vulva, you can't really tell that way if they have had kids or not. I have had goats that had tiny vulvas and after they kidded it went right back down to being tiny again. If you question whether or not she is having a problem becoming pregnant I would take her to the vet for a vaginal check to see if there might be a problem. That way you can get a letter from the vet stating she is sterile. Then the lady you purchased her from should give you a refund and then she can put her in the freezer if she wants to. Also, giving does time off sets them up for becoming harder to get pregnant. You might want to discuss some of the procedures you can use. I know Vicki had success this year getting one pregnant. Also, how did you breed her? Did you pen breed her or did you put her in with the buck and saw him mount her or how did you do that. Do you know that she is cycling?

5. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

Hi Christine,

She's almost 6yrs. Yes, she is cycling. She was in with the buck and saw him breed her. The breeder won't answer my emails, so I concider this a lesson well learned. I was told she had not been bred in the last 2 yrs and had lost kids before that due to being hit by another doe. They said that she had carried and given birth to twin bucks after that. I had thought the same thing about having her vet checked just for my own knowledge.

Tamera

6. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Is she registered with ADGA? If so you can look her up at www.adga.org and click on prodegy and see what kids if any that has been registered.

Otherwise, she could have a uterine infection if she aborted when she got butted and wasn't cleaned out properly. The uterine infection could be preventing her from getting rebred. Once you take care of the infection then she might rebreed for you.

7. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

I did check with ADGA and nothing is listed under prodegy. I was told that she had been flushed. She's a nice doe, really a shame.

Tamera