CD/T shots/ How much

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Keeperofmany, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

OK. Finally got my CD/T today,it finally arrived. Do I give the little ones that are not quite 1 month old ,2 cc the same as the adults (Subq) and (where)? The vet will not give me anymore tetanus antitoxin. He says I don't need it. Oh well just gotta hope for the best I guess.

Wendy

2. Feral Nature

Feral Nature Active Member

Yes, 2cc for any size goat. Give it under the skin, pull the skin up like a tent and give it under there, not in the muscle, it is easy to do. I give mine behind the elbow sorta.

3. hamilton40

hamilton40 New Member

I Buy the tetanus antitoxin at our local feed store but if you can't i know you can also get it online at Caprine supply

www.caprinesupply.com

Clay

4. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Can someone also please tell me if you are suppose to warm the vaccine in the syringe before giving it to them or do you give it cold?

Wendy

5. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

I have never warmed mine, I do out a little air pocket in the syringe before going subQ as it helps make an air pocket for it to go in. A trick the vet showed me and it really helps, especially with the thicker drugs like Nuflor.

Paula

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Actually you can't warm it because it would be above the label for temp. Let the body warm it, it is just 2cc. Vicki

7. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Thanks, I have another question, Is there a milk withdrawl timefor the CD/T?

Wendy

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No, not for vaccines. Vicki

9. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Clay ,

tetanus antitoxin is different than the tetanus that is in cdt. Antitoxin is for fast temporary protection {2-3 weeks} or you can use it for a suspected case of tetanus.

Patty

10. hamilton40

hamilton40 New Member

Hi Patty,
    Yes I know I buy Tetanus antitoxin that I give when we dehorn and then follow up in 21 days with Clostridium Perfringens Type C & D - Tetanus Toxoid. I Buy them both from my feed store Or if I remember to order them ahead of time I get them from Caprine Supply for a little less money.
    Clay