Can't seem to get this doe bred

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by prairiecomforts, Nov 26, 2007.

1. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts New Member

I am kind of at a loss. I have a 4 year old goat, Dreamy who I was sure was bred - is apparently not. Today when we went out to do chores, she was in heat. I took her over to Nick again, who was more than eager to service her again - but I am starting to get worried. This is my doe that aborted last winter right after we moved. (I figure from the stress of moving.) She was in heat on Nov. 3 and Nick "serviced" her about 4 or 5 times over a 2 day period. She had also been in heat on (about) Oct. 11 and also put in with Nick. I know it isn't Nick since he has settled all the other does he has been put with this season. I am starting to think there is something wrong with her. I don't know if I am worrying too much - I just hate to miss another year of milk production and babies from her. What do you all think?

2. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Maybe read that topic called Cystorellin. Maybe that would help.

3. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:biggrin Ok, I'm dying to know what the vet told you and if you got a treatment.
    Kaye

4. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts New Member

I am very disappointed in the vet! Her recommendation was to give her a 3 day course of Nuflur. That is it. I put a call into an older lady who lives way north of me, who raised dairy goats for years and see what she says. I just don't want to lose another year of production from her.