Since CAE is transmitted through the milk it seems to make sense you can test the colostrum to know.... I have three does I need to sell. I am completely starting over with my herd. I am getting 3 of tracey's goats in the coming month and have a brand new pen set up for them so they will not run with my old goats, just in case. 1 was tested negative last year through WSU , the other two where raised on prevention (Mom bought as a bottle kid from a reputable CAE free herd and her daughter who was also a bottle kid) I did not acquire these until November and the previous owner did not test, but practiced prevention. She had to pull the babies from Mom so I know she was there to keep them from nursing, etc. So my plan is to test all three before I sell. If they are positive they will be taken "out behind the garden" because I feel it is not responsible to sell a postive doe to anyone even if they say they won't breed them or they will use prevention, etc. So they are all preggers. I've read up on testing and am wondering why can't I just wait until they kid and get colustrum and test it? But it looks like WSU says you can't test colustrum- does anyone else? IF I do the blood I will just do all the testing now. If I can do colostrum I Will wait until they kid. With them being pregnant is it ok to get a them tested for everything (CL, CAE, Johnnes, brucella) all at once? will the results not be as accurate?