CAE Testing

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, May 2, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hi all,

I am getting ready to do my yearly test for CAE and I have always used WSU. But now BioTracking offers the testing. Has anyone on here used them yet if so were your results conclusive?

Thanks
    Autumn

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I got a milker back this year of mine that after sale had been tested by bio-tracking. She was negative on my blood test from WSU and colostrum from PAVL, and negative on blood from them. They Elissa test. Vicki

3. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Thank you Vicki.

Autumn

4. Belle

Belle New Member

What is the best way to ship the samples? Individually wrap each tube or bundle them together and wrap? Also, has anyone shipped them with UPS?

5. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

We wrap each tube in a strip of newspaper and then put them in a box that is lined with newspaper on the bottom and then a newspaper put on top of the tubes.

We just use the USPS 1st class, because we are pretty close to WSU (and biotracking too). Given the warmer weather, WSU recommends UPS and it is best to require a signature, that way a lazy UPS driver can't just leave it somewhere. Make sure the sig. required specifies the Diagnostics lab as signer.

6. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

If you ship to WSU use FEDex..you don't have to pay for it until you are billed, and it is discounted like $8.95 for overnight.
    I used BioTracking last time and thought it was nice-less paperwork etc. Plus I can just send it priority cause they are so close-I even just did it in a padded envelope-lol!

7. doodles

doodles Member

Autumn,
    I have used them for quite a while on cow and this year had them do our CAE tests. I love their service.
    Angie