CAE test results - NEGATIVE!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by wheytogosaanens, Jan 12, 2009.

1. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Every year I send in the blood for the CAE test - pretty confident that all will be negative (been negative for the whole time we have owned goats - over 8 years).

BUT, whenever the envelope comes, I get this sick little feeling in my stomach - what if? This time, it was an e-mail - but right before I opened it I took a deep breath, LOL.

All Negative. Hurrah! What smart little goaties! :D :D :D

2. Leo

Leo New Member

Congrats!
    Yeah, I do to, all the "what ifs" creep in, but then you open the letter and Negative again. :biggrin. For us, our herd been tested neg for over 5 years, but maybe after 10 years we can relax when we open those letters/emails? ;)
    Megan

3. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

:woohoo Time to do the happy dance! Tammy

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

5. mamatomany

mamatomany New Member

Excellent! Quick ? on CAE - does it lay dormant or something? How is it that it pops up like that.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yep I will be getting my irratable bowel system envelope in 2 weeks :) Waiting to kill two birds with one stone, is a doe bred and testing for the year. And all the boys will be home :) Vicki

7. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

:handclap Congrats! That's great! ...Now it is my turn. Will be doing it within the month. *holding breath*

8. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Congrads!
    Theresa

9. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Congratulations. That is a good feeling when you see those negatives. I just got mine back a few weeks ago and everyone is negative here again too.

10. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

Congratulations!

I got my CAE test results back Saturday and ALL NEGATIVE!!!!!!!

Sent in pregnancy tests on 3 does, and one of the girls was still open :crazy Oh well, try, try again!

Tamera

11. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Congrats !!!

(you too Tamera!!!)

Got mine back also.. all negative again. It's like waiting on a cancer test or as in olden days.. for the rabbit to die.. lol

All mine bred also.. except one stuborn imp!

12. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Congratulations!

I know the feeling when I open the horse's coggins test. All neg. but "what if".

13. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Congrats!!!

I have been seriously disappointed in the past with test results...so whenever I get them I just about get sick to my stomach before opening....totally know how that feels.

14. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

I am very nervous because all but one are new purchases and have not been tested yet. Will test within the month. The one I did test last year was Negative. Let's hope the others are too. *holds breath*

Again...I must say congratulations. That must be a big relief and a worry off your mind.

15. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Thanks. :) And BIG congratulations to everyone else with their marvelous results!!

Now I can worry about "is she going into labor?", kids, presentation, kid reservations etc etc etc. Gluttons for punishment say I !

And we too have to get a "sleeper" doe rebred. I so did not want June kids!!! Oh well, it does make it easy to decide which doeling gets held over until the next year.... and so the dance continues.

16. Terry

Terry Member

Congrats. We test the end of this month.

17. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

18. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Congradulations. I have another doe to send in blood tests she's a first freshening two year old, and looking like she's NOT bred!! I don't want any late summer kids though so if she's Not bred, and also Not a hermie I'll try breeding her super early in June July. Next week when it warms up to 17 I'll worry about all that. We are in survival mode right now with all this cold.