CAE/CL & G6S testing

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by stoneyheightsfarm, Sep 4, 2008.

1. stoneyheightsfarm

stoneyheightsfarm New Member

May I piggyback off the original question? If you want to test for CAE/CL/Brucellosis/Johnes *AND* G6S, can you send them all to the same lab that does the G6S? Or would you recommend pulling 2 samples and sending one to TVDML and one to WADDL? What is the earliest age you would test? I understand that some tests under 6 months old aren't as accurate?? Thanks!

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Am not sure but think G6S is totally different

3. stoneyheightsfarm

stoneyheightsfarm New Member

Totally different as in it's genetic rather than contagious, so would require a second vial of blood sent in anyway? (Yes, I'm up at a ridiculous hour--allergies, ugh)

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I think the place you send in for the 6 testing doesn't test for the other stuff and the other places dont' test for the G6S. I haven't had to do that test yet so am not sure.

5. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Re: Re: CAE/CL & G6S testing

please excuse my ignorance, but what is G6S??

6. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Re: Re: CAE/CL & G6S testing

thanks!

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Call the labs, some like WSU (before) have deals with other labs, if you sent WSU blood for CAE and CL they would send part of your blood to UC Davis and have the test ran for you. So call the Texas lab and see what tests they run becides G6S....but also ask if it's Ellisa...Texas A&M labs still runs AGID which is of no use to you for CAE.

You have to go through your vet for bruceliosis and bangs. Vicki