Butter in lip gloss

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Carolyn, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

I found a soap/lotion site that has a ladies name, but it was the goats name. I think they advertised lotion with no preservatives in it and butter in the lip gloss. Has anyone else seen it? Was I dreaming? It isn't possible to have lotions without preservatives or real butter in the lip gloss is it? Carolyn

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Not saftely anyway. Butter as in creamed cream from milk? Why would you want to put that in lip balm? You will find all sorts of things that will make you toes curl for sale on the internet, read all sorts of wild claims. Vicki

3. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

The only way to not have a preservative in lotion is if it contained no water, milk, aloe vera juice or the like. Only oils. So if it says it has anything other than oils and waxes - run!

Bethany

4. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

I found it again. No I can't imagine lip gloss with butter in it or lotions with no preservatives. I was sure it wasn't possible for no preservative, but thought maybe I read it wrong at the time, but I was correct in reading it. We do not use preservatives in our products. Not a good thing. Carolyn

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Maybe they do and they are flat out lying! Better that then not for thier customers, but who knows?

Bethany