Buck Power ??s

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by D Bar J Acres, Jan 15, 2009.

1. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres New Member

For those of you that use Buck Power, does it take the place of mineral or is it an additive? The bucks just don't seem to gobble up mineral like the does do, so just wondering how this stuff actually works. Does anyone have the label info? I can't get it off Caprine Supply, the pic is waaay too small.

Thanks, Jenny

2. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

No, it does not take the place of their minerals. Those are out free-choice. I top-dress the Buck power.

"A mineral mix formulated specifically for bucks. Designed to improve overall condition in breeding bucks which will in turn help increase fertility and potency. Add Buck Power to buck's grain ration in late spring to aid in production of sperm for late summer breedings. Feed through out breeding season to maintain breeding condition. use buck power in later winter after breeding season to bring bucks back into condition.

Feeding instructions: Use 1 tbls. buck power per poind of grain. To maximize the effects of buck power top dress with 1/2 oz of wheat germ oil.
    Guaranteed analysis per pound:
    Calcium-18.0%
    Phos.-9.0%
    Salt-20%
    Iodine-0.02%
    Sulphur-0.002%
    Iron-0.04%
    Copper-0.001%
    Colbalt-0.01%
    Maganese-0.04%
    Zinc-0.08%
    Potassium-0.08%
    Selenium 0.002%
    Vit. A,D, E
    It also contains..brewer's yeast, kelp, dried lactobacilius acidophilus fermentation product, distillers dried grains.
    LOL...and no expiration date! Thank goodness because I have 3/4ths of a 12lb pail!
    Kaye

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Kaye wasn't there something about not using Brewers Yeast with your bucks? I for the life of me couldn't find it in any of my stuff when I looked today. But I remember something about brewers yeast and bucks. Vicki

4. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

?? Don't recall and it's not ringing any bells, whistles or red flags. I know with brewer's or distiller's grain, it's not a good idea to use it as a feed additive because of the moisture content and mold. ? Could that be it? I mix diamond V yeast in the buck's minerals but I think that's different.
    Kaye