Buck Milk!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fmg, Aug 9, 2013.

1. fmg

fmg New Member

2. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

That buck was shown at our Big Buck Bonanza show.........he is a very nice buck. He wasn't carrying that much milk at the show, so they probably had milked him out some.

3. EmyAcres

EmyAcres New Member

WOW!!!! You learn something new EVERY day!!! I had no clue that could happen!!!! What causes that????

4. swgoats

swgoats Active Member

That's just nasty IMHO :p

5. fmg

fmg New Member

It's the same as a doe with a precocious udder. He would probably have dried up, if they'd left it alone. You can see that they only have DHI records for one 305 day lactation, so they must have only milked him just to see what he could milk, and maybe to make a good conversation piece. What dedication that must have been, as they did a full 305 days!

6. H Diamond Farms

H Diamond Farms New Member

That is either really awesome or really weird lol. Crazy either way

7. doublebowgoats

doublebowgoats Active Member

I agree, Nancy, that it would take dedication to milk a buck twice a day for almost a whole year. Most bucks would be cooperative enough, but who would want to be close to them in the fall? LOL

8. Laverne

Laverne New Member

So he milked 3261 lbs. of milk, wow. I wonder if it tasted...goaty.

9. doublebowgoats

doublebowgoats Active Member

I can guarantee that I would not have tasted it to find out!

10. tlcnubians

tlcnubians New Member

Milky bucks aren't all that unusual, actually. One of our Nubian bucks, Kastdemur's Viento, has quite a bit of milk in his teats and he's passed that trait down to at least one of his sons. Several of his daughters have their milking stars, although I'm not sure if that has anything to do with his milkiness. . .

11. Audrey

Audrey New Member

I had no idea, that is so trippy!

12. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

We have owned a milky buck and may own another. It is no different than a precocious udder except...when in rut they do not dry up :)

If Francis follows his sire he will be milky...I will have to watch him closely this breeding season.
    Tam

13. GoatFarmers

GoatFarmers New Member

OMG........!!!!!!!
    That is weirder than a buck with 1 testical!!!