Brandy update

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Oregonian Chick, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Oregonian Chick

Oregonian Chick New Member

I wanted to let yall know Brandy is doing better. This morning she had a fever of 105.7 (eep!) and you could tell she didn't feel all that great. I had to go to work but my mom was home to watch her and give her the herbal meds through out the day. She said at about 4ish she took her temp and it was down to 104.5. She also said Brandy had been calling for me and was more perky. Tonight Brandy is doing much better. She is in less pain, fever is back down to 103.4-103.5 range, has been eating and drinking more, bright eyed and wanting attention which is great. She started chewing her cud when I milked her and just seemed more relaxed than she has been since the delivery. No smelly discharge or anything like that so it looks like we are on the right track to getting her better :woohoo.

Babies are doing great also (Briar is such a girl! So petite compared to her burly brothers). But I thought I would let yall know that Brandy is back to getting better (I was worried all day when I saw how her fever had spiked). I am hoping by tomorrow she will be back in the 102 range. She will get two more Bio-Mycin treatments and then I shall see how she does.

Justine

2. Corky

Corky New Member

Glad she is doing better.
    103 is already back to normal so for now she seems to be OK.
    Just keep an eye on her and I know whe will do fine.

You know much more about taking care of goats than you think.

I am proud of you. :yes

You are all grown up now. DANG!!!

3. Oregonian Chick

Oregonian Chick New Member

Corky....thank you:). That means a lot to hear someone say that I know about taking care of goats LOL! Seems weird to say that but it does.

Brandy is doing MUCH better today. No fever (102.4) YAHOO! She also isn't walking as if she is in pain either and just all around is coming back to her old self. Thanks again for everyone giving me a vote of confidance:).

Justine

4. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

YEA. Glad she is doing good. :biggrin