Brandy had (long)

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Oregonian Chick, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Oregonian Chick

Oregonian Chick New Member

2 bucks and a doe at about 2:30am-3am this morning. It was a train wreck though. She had been pushing a tiny bit and had mucus but no babies...when the amber goo started and still no more babies (contractions also pretty much stopped and no pushing really) I called my friend up and she sayed "You need to go in and see what is going on".

So I did....She had a kid that was stopping everyone else from coming. He was in a U shape with his head to the right and his butt to the left both pointing up towards brandy's head/chest area so all I could feel at first was his spine and ribs. I had to somehow get him turned or something to get him to come out. My mom and dad helped in holding and I managed to get the kid's head around to where I could get him in a diving position (I was up to my elbow in Brandy :shock: ) and I got him out (Beautiful two tone chocolate chamoisee buckling ALIVE). During all of this Brandy was being amazing. Not trying to get away or anything..just laying there while we did this. I ended up having to go back in and get the other two kids out as they would have come out wrong also plus Brandy wasn't pushing or having contractions. Another boy (gold) and a little chamoisee girl. The first buck kid was 8lbs then the 7lb girl and finally a 9lb buck :shock: .

Brandy is doing fine and has passed her placentas and is on antibiotics plus some herbal pain stuff. No ripping or excess bleeding that I could see so thank the lord! Brandy did amazing again like I said during this. Babies are also fine and they got their colostrum (although Big Bird the first kid didn't eat hardly any so I might tube him). I have never had to go and be so invasive in a doe :shock: . But I figure I got them out ok and alive. This makes it Brandy's 3rd time of having triplets (2 boys and 1 girl all three times).

These are my first Tempo Boitano kids and so far I am liking them a lot. Looong and tall :D . Very nice cross between the buck and doe methinks. I am keeping the little doe kid back and her name is GoldenWood BT Briar Rose (Briar for short). I will get pics as soon as I can.

Justine
    ps: Brandy went 153 days on this pregnancy...and she made it to ground hogs day.

2. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Congratulations. Good job delivering those kids.

3. Chaty

Chaty New Member

:biggrin Great job getting them out and all still alive...Great job and CONGRATS!!!

4. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

5. Oregonian Chick

Oregonian Chick New Member

She has a temp of 103.6 which isn't horrid but it still is a temp. Anything I should watch for? This is her first day on antibiotics (Bio-Mycin) and I am going to keep her on it for 3 doses (every other day). Anything else I should be doing? We are giving her probios, herbal immune booster, herbal pain reliever, and of course the bio-mycin. I have been putting Tucks on her vulva to help with the swelling and also to numb it.

Anything I am missing? I have never had to "go in" before really on a doe before so I am covering all my bases and hoping/praying for the best,

Justine

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

According to my goat chart, normal temp for a goat is 101.5 - 104. Your goat's temperature is within that range, so I would just keep up with the biomycin and watch that it doesn't go above 104. Keep an eye on her discharge, that it doesn't smell bad. Also watch that she is eating OK and that her milk production doesn't drop.

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Congrats on getting those kids out. yep just watch her

8. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

congrats! Good Job Justine! We had groundhog day babies too! and they're gonna have bryr in thier name : ) LOL! Keep an eye on her and I'm sure all will be fine now.