Bow Legged Newborn

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Madeleine M., Dec 21, 2008.

1. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

We had triplet does born last night....Yea!

There mother had a Bose shot a couple of weeks ago, and has had free choice Techmaster minerals. The babies got a capsule of vitamin E as soon as they were dry.

One baby has bowed front legs, but not the other two. We can post pictures after we finish chores.

Is there something we need to be doing to help her?

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I would give BoSe to babies also as every baby here gets it. Also give this one Vit E daily for a few days

3. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

Thanks for the help.

I can give them BOSE, but I'm not sure how much to give a tiny Nigerian baby. I doubt that they even weigh one pound each.

Do I try to measure 1/40th of a CC?

4. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Babies are the reason I keep 1cc syringes as it makes it easier to measure the dosage out...I agree with sondra as mine get it when they are born also..
    Kathy

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I would give 1/4 cc as this is what I did with my ND and do now with my mini's the large dairy goat babies get 1/2 cc.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Selenium is USDA regulated so there is never enough selenium in sacked grain or minerals. In our area we simply have to give bo-se prekidding, and 2 weeks out is on the edge of....well try to not do it as far as 2 weeks out, that week before is better. And to kids as soon as they are born, but like what is said, tuberculine syringes....know anybody who is diabetic? make it eaiser....and keep up the E orally for a few days. It's rarely conformation. vicki

7. Madfarmer

Madfarmer New Member

There's no regulation on purchase of insulin syringes. Reli-on brand from Walmart are cheep.

Tom

8. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

Thanks, she is looking better already. We will keep up the vitamin E.