bose shot

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by chewie, Dec 1, 2008.

1. chewie

chewie New Member

we are in a very high selenium area--so much so our horses cannot eat any grass at all, must be very careful! but we do have alf. hay from the property, so we're getting plenty of sele. in that. so i never gave a bose shot--wondering tho if i should be giving just an E shot? the others i know of near me haven't ever heard of boSe shot at all, so no help there.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I have never given E shots but do give E capsuls and yes I would because of your area.

3. chewie

chewie New Member

so just the E caps like from wally's? do you happen to know the dosage? i would do the shot, but just afraid that would really overload them on selenium. in horses, that makes their manes, tails and hoof walls fall off. its not pretty.

4. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

I do E caps from WalMart, I think they are 400's. I use two of them, just snip the end and squirt it on their food. Well, I actually just bite the end so I don't have to go looking for my glasses before handling anything sharp. :biggrin

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

400 iu here also and snip or bite then squirt :rofl with babies put right in their mouth