Bo-se shot?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by guiness, Jan 19, 2009.

1. guiness

guiness New Member

I have a dumb question. :blush What is the difference between a Bo-se shot and a Selenium/vitamin E soft gel capsule? Can the capsule replace the shot? Where can we get Bo-se without an rx?

2. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

The rumen degrades the selenium. It's used better by the system, in an injectable route. (short version)
    It's Rx, anywhere. Well, unless you live in Canada. :really
    Kaye

3. guiness

guiness New Member

Thanks for the response, I will certainly look for a vet to supply me with it.

4. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

If they don't carry it, see if they will send a script with you for Valley-Vet or get the info. from their website and take it with you.
    Kaye

5. KingsCoGoatGuy

KingsCoGoatGuy New Member

The joys of Canada... :) Only down side is it doesn't matter where you live you will see some snow. :(

6. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:lol Wanna' try slipping some past Customs? Just kidding....

Even I have to get mine twice a year from a vet friend out of state. My drug vet doesn't carry it, and I'm not quite ready to order a case of 12 bottles! :/
    Kaye

7. bonafide

bonafide Guest

Even if your vet doesn't carry it, would they not write you a script to get it from Valley Vet (or a supplier like them)? You don't have to order but one bottle from these companies - some scripts can be written with a refill so you can buy one then call in the refill within a certain date - not sure if BoSe is one of them, but worth looking into and then it can be shipped directly to you or your vet. My vet doesn't normally carry it but makes sure he keeps a few bottles on hand for me anymore.

8. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

I don't ask this vet for scripts. He's too good about getting what I want/need. It's too convient for me to buy from him, but he does have to order a min. on Bo-Se and no one else uses it around here.? I've had him order me several types of drugs and it's usually there the next day. I'm *assuming* that he would have to get the Bo-Se from a different company rather than the one he normally uses.
    When I ordered drugs, some companies were like that, even to vets.?
    Kaye

9. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

I cant get Bo-Se meds but I do feed my goats E crumbles with selenium for horses from Tractor Supply.