Bluebonnet Feed out of Business?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by nappint, Jul 30, 2008.

1. nappint

nappint New Member

I went to the feedstore today to pick up some feed for the chickens and the clerk told me that Bluebonnet went out of business :jawdrop So I had to buy Purina pellets... :mad

Has anyone else heard anything about this? What about the Tech Master mineral - is anyone having problems finding it? I finally found a mineral that my goats will eat and now I'm being told that the company is Out of Business :sniffle

Please someone tell me it's not true!

2. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I went to their site and it says nothing about it, but I don't know. Perhaps your feed store doesn't want to order bluebonnet and didn't want you going elsewhere!?!?

3. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I saw that on Bluebonnet's site after posting my first reply. They took over earlier this month. Wonder how this will affect all us Tech Master users?!?!?

4. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

5. nappint

nappint New Member

Ok - I guess "bought out" is better than OOB but I called and spoke with the manager of the feedstore and he said that Bluebonnet would not be milling feed anymore. He made it sound like a competitor bought them and now has plans to shut the whole thing down. :( And now after reading the very ambiguous letter on Bluebonnet's site I think he might be right.

My feedstore does not have anymore Bluebonnet in stock so I can't buy a bunch of Tech Master and I'm really bummed because I liked Bluebonnet chicken feeds. I live in a VERY Purina area and I cannot stand Purina! I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I have half a bag of Tech Master - my Tractor supply doesn't carry it and won't order it and no other feedstore in the area even carried Bluebonnet. I think I'm gonna cry!

6. rg1950

rg1950 New Member

We called and had tractor supply in Porter (or Liberty, dad ordered it, not me) order us 2 bags of it. Call your nearest Tractor Supply and ask them if they can order it for you. Make sure you specify the Techmaster COMPLETE, as techmaster does make a lesser brand. Trac Supply said it would be about 2 weeks, but that they would be able to get it, despite the buyout from AC. You could probably call their contact link and see what they can tell you about finding it in your area. http://bluebonnetfeeds.com/contact.php (if the info hasn't changed since the buyout)

Tara

7. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

When did he call Tara? Can you find out which store it was?

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

My TSC store supposedly is ordering it in but haven't heard for sure and they were having a problem getting it. said it takes 3 wks They have always had it for me in the past and now tis questionable

9. rg1950

rg1950 New Member

It was the Tractor Supply store in Liberty Texas. It is $41 a bag for a 40lb bag. They said it would be here in about 3 weeks. 936-334-1100 and ask to speak to a manager named Cory (male). Make sure to specify "Bluebonnet techmaster complete"

Tara

10. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

Cool!

Thanks for the info

11. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Yours is $41??? I paid $44.99 for mine?!?! Vicki, maybe you should call Liberty before getting me to get some for you....might save you 3.99 a bag!! lol

Sarah

12. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Sarah don't you dare, I want yours it is really there :)

The manager of the Porter store is calling my husband...that was 3 weeks ago :) Make sure you all post when you actually have the stuff in hand :)

As for the rest, I have my fingers in my ears...they can't stop milling my minerals! Vicki

13. rg1950

rg1950 New Member

I live 12 miles from Liberty. We ordered it Saturday July 26th. I will let you know when and if it comes in...keeping my fingers crossed :biggrin (we have enough to make it about a month)

Tara

14. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Just to be on the safe side...I have to go buy shavings tomorrow anyway...I may go ahead and pick up whatever they have there and then you have your 2 and more if we need them (depends how many they really have!!) I just wasn't sure if you had tried the Liberty one...although I kinda figured you tried every place possible!!

Sarah

15. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Liberty is way too far away from me, it's on the way to nowhere. Vicki

16. rg1950

rg1950 New Member

Liberty don't have it in stock. They have to order it. Make sure you have a month's worth before you order. Just in case Liberty don't come through for us, post if any of you find it "In stock" somewhere around Houston Tx. We can pick up a bag or 2 "just in case". Thanks, Tara

17. rg1950

rg1950 New Member

Also, does anyone know of a comparable substitute? What about Sweet-lix? Anyone tried it? Opinions?

Tara

18. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

I've never been able to get BB in my neck of the woods, so my next choice has been sweetlix. I really don't have any complaints about the sweetlix here, but wished the iron was a little lower and the copper was a little higher in it. The goats really go for it good.....and the price is really good. I pay about $9 for a 20 lb bag.

Just make sure if you go with sweetlix, that you are getting the goat mins, and not the goat and sheep.......the one also for sheep has very little if any copper contents.

Whim

19. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

I have sweetlix in the lose mineral and in the tub. Goats love the tub not real happy with the lose.

I want to try the Tech-Master since it is so much better.