Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

bland mozarella

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  cmharris6002 
#1 ·
I made the "microwave" mozarella and it turned out well. I compared it with some "string" cheese that we had on hand - mostly for the grandchildren's enjoyment.
I found that my mozeralla was bland in comparison though to the storebought. The storebought had more of a fuller, cheesier flavor in comparison. Also my mozarella was a bit more chewey than the storebought variety. I think I might know how to solve that but how can I get my mozarella not to be so bland tasting - it is almost tasteless in comparison.

The storebought is just plain, unflavored mozarella cheese.

#4 ·
i currently have the mild lipase, and when i use it, DH says it "very good this time." when i don't, he says nothing or its "ok". i wonder tho, we like it, has anyone used a stronger flavored lipase? is there such stuff? or is a little of a good thing the best way? thanks.

#6 ·
I made moz two days ago that has no flavor at all. I'm adding lipase next time.

G
#7 ·
I don't like it without Lipase either. I have the mild and the sharp but I haven't tried the sharp yet.

Mozz is really good marinated. Use olive oil half and half with a light oil, add garlic, sundried tomatoes, capers, basil and salt. YUMMY!!

Christy

#8 ·
No I didn't use lipase - I will order some for next time. Although OK - it is just too tasteless. And no, I didn't use Christy's recipe - I used Rikki's off of New England Cheese website. Will try Christy's next time though - thanks for the tip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.