Blackberry Marmalade (Candle Science)

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by BlissBerry, Dec 26, 2007.

1. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I soaped the Blackberry Marmalade from Candle Science a few days ago. I used my regular recipe to test this scent (100% goat milk) and scented at a rate of .8 PPO. No acceleration, discolored to a dark tan and appears to be getting darker.

So far, I am not a huge fan of this scent. It is rather plain and is lacking any depth of scent (if that makes sense). At this time I can only smell blackberry. Nothing like the Cranberry Marmalade scent that I love. So far, I am disappointed but I will give it some more time and post any updates to the board.

Sara

2. Thanks for the review, Sara, glad you tried this. Let us know how it develops.
    Becky

3. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Blackberry marmalade is candle safe only ...maybe that is the problem ? I agree there cranberry marmalade is great.

Patty

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I think the reason the Blackberry Marmalade is listed as candle safe only is because they haven't offically tested it in soap yet. They label all of their new scents as such until they are tested.

Sara

5. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

I have held off trying ones not labeled ...was afraid of possible reactions . guess I will be glad I did not try this one yet ! Almost ordered it last time around.

Patty

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Well shoot, I was soo hoping you were going to report a good report and "Vicki use this for your Summer Berry!" :) But perhaps it will be like the honey and it gets better in about a week? Vicki

7. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Sorry Vicki! I'll keep you posted but I don't think it's a scent that you'd use. Nothing like your Summer Berry. Perhaps Fruit Slices would be more to your liking? It's a wonderful fruity fragrance.

Sara

8. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Fruit slices is very nice and a good seller

9. Vicki,
    Your soaps went out yesterday. The Tropical Smoothie bar is the Fresh Fruit Slices FO that Sara and Patty are talking about.

10. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Wonderful! I was going to ask if you did that one. Vicki