Biotracking

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Tracy in Idaho, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho New Member

I just wanted to throw out another timely plug for BioTracking to all the folks out there who are still wondering -- is she or isn't she???!

Great company and *terrific* service. I sent off 6 samples last Friday and got my results back today! Over a holiday week even! I even included a coupon they had donated to a local show for a free test (you show committee people should remember to ask them for next year!)

For what it's worth, I pulled blood alone with them on the milk stand, and I think it was almost easier than having a helper :) Now, if they only go forward with offering CAE testing as well! Wouldn't that be awesome???

And by the way --

Agatha is confirmed AI'd to Pearl Valley Lifetime Liaison, and Maxine is confirmed to Sodium Oaks Yreka!!! That Yreka semen was 16 years old! :)

Tracy

2. Truly

Truly New Member

WHOA, 21 years... OMGosh.

Biotracking returned the results quickly for my gal too.

3. Tracy in Idaho

Whoops -- mistype there -- that semen was only 16 years old.....still pretty old, but not quite as impressive, lol.

Tracy

4. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Biotracking emailed me and said that they will be doing CAE tests but watch the website for pricing and updates as to when they will be doing it. Yep Biotracking is a great bunch of folks and express lane quick.

5. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

Congrats on the breedings!

My first calf was out of a herdbull collected in 1982 (same year I was born...lol).
    It's amazing how long those straws can last when collected properly and stored with care!

6. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

That's fantastic Tracy!!!! :wow It will be so interesting to see what you get from that breeding!

I've got one doe that I'm waiting on until next Friday and then I get to pull blood on mine!

<snigger> got ya' beat on the age of semen! I used some last year that was 19yrs. old...Dionysius Cici's Chivas Regal was collected in '88. I checked that semen under the microscope...like it was pulled yesterday! Course, it was by Buckskin/Karen Lewis...wouldn't expect anything else!
    Oldest semen I've seen used was an ampule of Poco A Poco Sir Camelot. Now, that was interesting to see.

YOU ROCK!!!!
    Kaye

7. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati Active Member

I love Biotracking- three does I thought were open are bred! I am testing two more next week. I love the results by email :D

8. UnRuli Acres

UnRuli Acres New Member

The guys at Biotracking have always been friendly and easy to deal with. They're a high-class outfit for sure!

9. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

I've been emailing with them a bit. Mid to end of January CAE should be available. $4-$4.25 and no set up fee. I am excited! They will do it from one blood sample so preg and CAE in one stick-Yeah!

10. Sondra

Sondra New Member

11. Tracy in Idaho

LOL, thanks :)

Yeah, Kaye -- that is a linebreeding on Yreka that "ought" to be great. He has a tendency to throw a lot of fine/dairy animals, and this big gal can certainly take it.

I got an ampule scribe in a used kit I bought -- SCARY! I'll just avoid ever buying any of those old - likely to blow up - things! :lol I'm doing good to get the dang gun loaded, can you imagine me trying to suck up an ampule???? eek.

I am so very excited for next year -- I have Cherry Glen TRI Mojave, Tempo Aquila Freelance, Redwood Hills Sequoia.....I can't wait!!!

Has anyone heard when BioTracking may finally come out with the barn preg test? Won't that just be incredible!?

I can't say enough good things about that company. Again, if you're waiting to try them -- just do it!

Tracy

12. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Has anyone asked the very basic question, will their test be Elissa or AGID? And no I haven't read their site :) vicki

13. Sondra

Sondra New Member

14. Tracy in Idaho

It is the ELISA test, Vicki :)

Tracy

15. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati Active Member

Bought from the same supplier that supplies the test kits for WADDL :)

16. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Here is what was said in the email to me:
    " It will be the same type of competitive ELISA that WSU runs (if you use them) and I want to do an exhaustive QC on our assay to ensure its accuracy and reproducibility. I'm hoping to be up and running by mid to late January of 2008. We'll keep you posted!"

Chuck Passavant PhD
    Sr Research Scientist
    BioTracking