Best place to get BoSe and copper boluses?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by ChristinaF., Dec 3, 2008.

1. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

I didn't see these at the Jeffers site and I'm not finding them in Hoeggars either. Am I missing them or do you have to get them from your vet?

Oh, and while I'm at it...what do you all recommend for cocci prevention...Di-Methox or DeCocc?

I'm getting a list together for kidding supplies. What are your favorite "can't do without" items?

Sorry, I was only going to ask one question. :blush2

Blessings,
    Christina

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Jeffers should have copper but BOSE is Vet RX only

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Christina, contact my vet (I gave you his info) and establish a working relationship with him. You can get BoSe from his clinic.

I prefer Deccox-M as it works so well in our area. I used to order mine but now I just pick it up at the Stearns Vet Outlet in Melrose. They have everything there!

You don't want to see my list of must have items. :)

Since you are my 'neighbor' I can easily help you find everything you need... just ask!

Sara

4. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

Thank you Sondra and Sara!

That helps!

Christina

5. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Sara. I think that should go into 101 if you ever get time. I bet a whole lot of newbies like me would love to read it as folks always ask me and I can only tell them what I have retained so far and send them here.

Paula

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

7. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Great article, thanks.

8. FRW

FRW New Member

Copper is sold as Copasure in jeffers livestock.
    the directions might still be on SaanenDoah

9. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

Thank you, I will check that name at Jeffers. I'm sorry, but you lost me with SaanenDoah. It that something I should google?

Thanks,
    Christina

10. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

saanendoah.com has all the information on copper bolusing. She ran the tests on thousands of goats in the Pacific Northwest that started the knowledge of copper defficency in goats. Vicki

11. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

Okay! I get it now. Thank you for the information, Vicki. :D I will definitely check it out.

Blessings,
    Christina

12. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

I checked out saanendoah, and there was so much good info.! Thanks for directing me there!! I've started a goat notebook and I'm printing out important info. that I'm not familiar with and sticking it in my notebook for further review. I've also got a calendar in there so I can keep track of what I'm doing with each goat.

I'm betting there is some kind of software out there to help with the record keeping. I think I'll start a new thread and ask about it. :D

Christina