Beginner Q's

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Little Moon, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

I am toying with the idea of making myfirst batch of soap. I have some molds that I purchased over a year ago. They are (if I remember correctly) kind of a clear plastic. Anyhow, the recipe says to prepare the molds - what exactly does that mean? Also, If I make more soap than my molds will hold can I line a shallow HD cardboard box with parchment paper - or plastic wrap - and pour the soap into it?

TIA from the soaping impared!
    Anne

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I use mineral oil and parchment paper.

Silicone bakeware work great soap molds. The cute Wilton ones that feature holiday shapes are fun for extra soap. :)

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Sara

3. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

You can use so many things for molds, anything plastic, cardboard (that is lined) etc... anything at all.. even a rubbermaid container works for molds.. Grease with mineral oil or line...
    Barbara

4. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

Sara and Barbara Thank You. I am sure I will have tons more questions. I really didn't want to start anything new before we move, but it seems like we will never move so maybe I will. :D Maybe I will make myself clean out a room or something before I "allow" myself to make any soap - ya right! :p

Anne