Bath salts or fizzies

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Carolyn, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

My DIL is dabbling with bath fizzies, bath salt etc. What size do you market your products? She was thinking 2 oz, but someone used them in her hot tub and needed 2 bags, so she was thinking 4 oz bags. What do you do? CArolyn

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Don't kill me but I have a bath salt question also. does anyone know of a good "cheap" supplier of colored sea salts? like Pink and such.

I package mine in cello bags with 4oz. but have just purchased the most Beautiful glass looking plastic bottles, with cork and heat shrink from Bayou. I think they'll hold 8 0z but not sure I haven't played with them yet as they got here just yesterday.
    http://www.bayousome.com/0108ssp.htm secret sales page shh.
    (sales price 50 pack 22.95 till the end of Jan! 10 oz Clear PET Apothecary bottle with cork and shrink seal.
    These are great for Bath Salts and Diffusers)

and Darn IT! :mad I forgot to add my free spoons for ordering over $50 !! argh!

3. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

You can color the salt yourself, by adding micas or oxides, just a tiny amount and shaking in bag or jar..
    Barbara

4. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Ohh, we were looking for a source for containers. DIL is working hard on packaging products. I have another question, I usually don't like glass, cause I don't like the idea of glass in the bathroom, heavier cups or glasses are one thing, but light weight tubes etc, stress me because I think they have a tendency to shatter, am I over reacting? Carolyn

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Nope, glass shouldn't be in the bathroom.

But the containers above from bayousome are plastic.

Bethany

6. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

I press my fizzies in small soap molds. I have seen them pressed in small Muffin pan and they were 4 or 5 in a bag.

7. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

I did up 6 in about 30 mins, pack, scent, heat shrink, and ribbon. Omy are they claaassssy! I did one just for the fun of it with calendula petals in it as well with Lavender eo's plain white dead sea salt, and cheaper fine sea salt, so pretty.