Bandera has a pretty head now

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Feral Nature, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Bandera, the MiniMancha buck here for a visit from Swede Farm, has a pretty head now. When he arrived in October, he was fairly fresh from Texas A&M where he had had his horNs surgically removed. He arrived here with a bald, naked, bare, skin covered head. Odd looking, but okay. I actually thought he would stay that way and thought no more about it.

Yesterday I was looking at him and was petting him and it suddenly struck me that his head was all covered in smooth, sleek, new hair and he looked as if he had been born a polled goat. I can't take my eyes off of it. It is just weird now to look at it. I never noticed it growing it, it was just suddenly there!

2. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:biggrin Maybe you should get a pic of it now.....cause next Fall he will probably rub it all back off on an old fence post somewhere. :crazy

3. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

Or Bandera, trying to breed that fence post...this guy is the most testosterone ridden creature I have ever met...

Are you ready for him to come home yet?

(BTW I cant say enough about Texas A&M surgical dehorning if the need ever arises...they did a FABULOUS job and were so very conscientious about caring for him)

4. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Bandera is STILL blubbering. He is a freak! I do love that silly fella though, something about his testosterone saturated self is endearing. I'm gonna send you a PM LeeAnne, and yes whim, I should get a pic :D

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

He must take after his father:)

6. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

:lol Sondra...you should see the cute little udders growing on the MM girls...

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I'll tell you I bred Horns back to his daughters and granddaughters as their udders are just the best. Especially Albuquerque's girls. Am anxious to see how Dianes girls udders do as tis a different mom on them
    I have sold of given away every doe except one from Al and also Mohogany and Rowen so don't know how their girls do.