Balance Tank

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Janelle, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Janelle

Janelle New Member

Can someone help me make a balance tank for my milk machine?? I want to get it set up this week if possible.
    All I need is for someone to tell me what supplies I need & how to piece it together. :D

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Sorry have been trying to get Rod to tell me what those valves on it are called one is a pressure relieve valve and the other is just some kind of a pitcock valve to be able to clean the tank with. but is not really needed as the end caps have the hoses run into it. and could clean from there.
    then the pressure gauge is also on there but that is it. we got everything at grainger.

3. Janelle

Janelle New Member

No problem Sondra :biggrin
    I figured you were just busy & I didn't want to bother you ;)
    Can you tell me what size PVC pipe you used??

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Mine is 4 inch PVC. It has a guage on it, get a bigger one so you can see it across your milkroom. A pressure regulator. And you need a plastic barbed nipple adaptor so your hose from your vacume pump 'fills' the tank, and then one for your hose to your lid. I also have a clean out on the bottom of mine so I can clean out any moisture in mine, it is a regular hose bib (like for a water hose). Bigger, longer is better...don't go 3inch or too short if you are going to milk 2 goats at a time, you want some spare pressure as you put on inflations to teats, or someone kicks one off if you dont' have claws. Vicki

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

yeh mine is only 3" but a 4 in would be better. I think

6. Janelle

Janelle New Member

thanks Vicki, that was very helpful :)
    I am sure I will be back w/ more questions as soon as I get to putting everything together!

7. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member