Baby goat with fleas

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by tmfinley, Mar 29, 2018.

1. tmfinley

tmfinley Member

This is a first for us. One of our 3 week old doelings has fleas all over her face. No one else has them. I searched the forum for solutions but most of the posts were for dogs. What can I use on a little doeling? We are using DE now but they are on her face and near her eyes - not ideal for DE. Will Ivermectin help? Should we use dog flea meds on her?

2. TwinkleHooves

TwinkleHooves New Member

I always did Seven insecticide garden powder. Just put the powder in a sock and bounce it down their topline. Do all the animals even if they are flea-free that way it's gone for good. Hope this helps! =)

3. Dorothy

Dorothy New Member

I deworm with Ivermectin or SafeGuard, and use 7 garden dust or Insecticide dust for animals. Clears up within a few days. Will need to deworm again after 10 days, to help break the fleas' breeding cycle.

4. Ann22222

Ann22222 New Member

Ivermectin injection for cattle and swine, 1% steril solution (has pig and cow on box). Do not inject. Double the dossage, 2ml per 110 lb body weight orally.
    We use this for treating bitting lice which show as bare patches behind legs, usually show up first on the rear legs. Will kill fleas as they bite.
    Python dust works for lice and I don't see why it would not work for fleas.