Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Looking to tap into everyones experience on how best to go about establishing a family goat dairy farm. My family and I have long loved goat products and want to be able to grow our knowledge and experience to be able to provide our community the very best in organic goat products.

I come from a family/community of cow dairy farmers however they have zero interest in pursuing anything goat related. I want my family to be immersed in this learning experience as we trial and error our way to beautiful delicious products and a happy family of goats :)

From the research I've done I think Nubians' would be best for diary and from what I've read they shouldn't have a problem with our cold SE Wisconsin winters as long as they have shelter and proper bedding.

I welcome any and all suggestions: tips, tricks, best practices, learned mistakes, community (physical and virtual and forum board suggestions... as we sort our way towards our dream!

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
125 Posts
hi! I would suggest if u haven’t already I would join another forum called the goat spot.. I’m sure you’ll get a lot more answers and ideas on there! I hav Nigerian dwarfs so I could give u simple things from tht all and all tht such but not sure wht u all want to kno! I don’t really hav any experience with Nubians tho. I definitely hav a lot of learned mistakes I could share with you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts