Asked for Pics of pregnant doe.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Shykid Acres, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

I was asked for pics of Solana.

Here is what she looks like. These pics were taken last night and tonight. Here is the link to them as I don't know how to post them here yet. :sigh

http://www.freewebs.com/shykidalpines/educationalexperience.htm

-Kim

BTW When I was taking these pics tonight she kept flicking her tail straight up and then putting it down after a second or two. Not arching it just lifting it really quick. Anyone experience this? I never noticed her doing that before.

2. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Re: Pics of pregnant doe.

She looks like all my FF's that have a month to go! And the tail flicking thing?? get used to it.. the longer you are in goats the more things you will experience that you've never experienced before! :biggrin
    Seriously.. you are just setting yourself up for a padded room :rofl
    I bet she's just waiting for you to go to bed and leave her alone, and she's going to pop 'em out like Pez!!

3. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

:biggrin Padded room? I think I'm already there. :rofl

I just checked up on her again. The wind is howling like mad out there. Suppose to get a snow storm tonight/tomorrow. She better have a month to go (I doubt it because she just lost her plug last night around 7pm) cause I'm tired! :?

Thanks for looking at the pics. :)

-Kim

4. Oregonian Chick

Oregonian Chick New Member

Oh yeah she has some time to go. My does have lost plugs up to a month before they kid. FF and older does alike. She doesn't look even near to kidding to me :lol. Sorry....her belly hasn't dropped what so ever and her vulva isn't poochy really and she just plain ole doesn't look like she is in labor.

Just take a deep breath and breath. She will be fine and so will you. Believe me when she DOES get close you can tell. Her belly will drop big time and her back end will get real hunchy. So don't worry and take some deep breaths (and if you ever want to pm me feel free to :biggrin).

Justine

5. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

:D Yes I know that she is not in labor. That was my problem. :crazy :lol Nice to know I might still have some time left. I'll check up on her in the morning. Good night all. Hunched over? I'll keep an eye out for that. Thanks. .....Belly dropped? You can see in the one picture that she is not nearly so wide. It is because she wasn't laying down or having her head down. When she is standing with her head up she hardly looks preg at all. Is this what "dropping" means? That she carries the kids all underneath? Just curious.

-Kim

6. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

She looks like she has a little while yet to go. Just check her every day and watch for the things you've been told. When she actually starts acting like she is in labor the signs will be obvious. Do you have her penned separate. If you do I would move her back with the other ones IF they had been together previously. They don't like being separated from the herd and that in itself will make them nervous. Otherwise you might have her in that pen for another month.

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Oh I agree with the rest she is not ready number one clue if she can raise her tail and flick it up and down like you say they she has her ligaments because when the ligaments go she will have no control over her tail.
    2nd this doe needs to be out and get some exercise penned up like this she is going to loose muscle tone needed to push those kids. Pen her up at night but let her out with the others durning the day.

8. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Thanks Sondra. Good advice. Thanks everyone. :sigh MORE time to wait! AHHHH! :crazy Does anyone know of a portable room I could borrow for a while? You know that one that is padded. :rofl When she finally does have kids she better give me a doeling. :lol

-Kim