Are these all the same?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Agrimycin 200
    Biomycin 200
    LA-200

Because there is a HUGE price difference in them all. Just wanted to know before i order.

Thanks
    autumn

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yep they are all 200 mg of tetracycline, plus they don't have the sting carrier or price of LA200. All 3.5cc per 100 pounds subq. And there is no Long Acting...what the LA stands for....in goats. Vicki

3. Theresa

Theresa New Member

If I remember correctly they are. But I think the LA 200 stings really bad. Not sure about the Agrimycin.
    Theresa

4. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Thanks

Agrimycin is $19.95 500ml
    Biomycin is $43.95 500ml

to me that is a huge difference.

Going to order now.
    Autumn

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I just get duramiacin at TSC and it is around $10

6. bonafide

bonafide Guest

I've been getting Biomycin 500ml for $13.95 - my husband gets it from one of his suppliers...

(yes I've checked expiration dates as well) - my vet used to sell stuff that would expire within the year (antibiotics, BoSe, etc at less than half-price...ie. if it would expire 11/09 and it was 1/09 he'd sell it for $10 instead of $20...or whatever)...

7. Chaty

Chaty New Member

The only difference between then is the BioMycin has a no sting agent in it and its doesnt hurt like the others...believe me it stings..but Biomycin dont unless its oxidized(gotten darker) then it does sting also.

8. FRW

FRW New Member

I always buy the 100 mg because if you have to IV the antibiotic for some reason you cannot IV the 200 mg Agrimycin. It is cheaper you have to use more but it still works the same. I had friend who had a horse who cut herself so bad that the vet needed to IV he some antibiotics and it was the Agrimycin 1000 mg that he gave her to take care of the infection. He said is was kinds like Neopsorin mom uses it for anything.

9. FRW

FRW New Member

Correction that was 100 mb of Agrimycin per ml he Iv'd not 1000mg

10. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

IF you are going to give doses... be sure you are giving the correct doses and mg/kg and correct routes of admistration. Some drugs are labled as IM,IV,or SQ...others are labled for IV only and are labled
    as to the correct route of administration. Without knowing what the reactions will be...it's best to avoid IV injections unless under the supervision of a Liscened vet.

AGRIMYCIN® 100
    AgriLabs
    (Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride Injection
    The intravenous injection of 3 to 5 mg of Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride per pound of body weight per day (3 to 5 mL per 100 lbs body weight) is the recommended dosage.
    Rapid intravenous administration may result in animal collapse. Oxytetracycline should be administered intravenously slowly over a period of at least 5 minutes.
    Some of the reactions may be attributed either to anaphylaxis (an allergic reaction) or to cardiovascular collapse of unknown cause.

AGRIMYCIN® 200
    AgriLabs
    Oxytetracycline Injection
    Antibiotic
    Each mL contains 200 mg of oxytetracycline base as oxytetracycline amphoteric.
    AGRIMYCIN® 200 (oxytetracycline injection) can also be administered by intravenous, subcutaneous or intramuscular injection at a level of 3 to 5 milligrams of oxytetracycline per pound of body weight per day.

We do not recommend giving any meds. IV unless you are aware of the precautions, under direct veterinarian supervision, and have the correct knowledge to administer by that route.
    Kaye