Anyone Notice?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by KingsCoGoatGuy, Jan 3, 2009.

1. KingsCoGoatGuy

KingsCoGoatGuy New Member

Your Fias Co Farm Style milk stand is getting shorter? My does are just getting to long for it... I can really tell it is made for La Manchas being a smaller breed then Alpines & Nubians. Some of the does are almost to long for it... I might need to add on :rofl This is a good sign they are starting to get more length throughout. :/ Back to the drawing boards.

2. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

I made one of those stands. the headpiece never worked for me. I made the stand longer than the directions said. i like to sit on it when I milk. I made my own headpeice and it's much better now and will fit kids to adults to bucks.
    Anita

3. KingsCoGoatGuy

KingsCoGoatGuy New Member

We made it a couple years ago in our store in town. We own a glass shop, so we have lots of power tools there. :) We had everything cut and I said that head piece was going to be way to short, so we made it 3 inches longer... I now feel like tearing the whole front end off and making it taller. I brought a La Mancha doe back in September but ended up selling her because I couldn't keep an extra doe. She fit perfect in the stand :) I was amazed at how much I liked the breed so being so nice. Maybe when I get my own place and a large amount of acres I will get a couple La Manchas. :)

4. rg1950

rg1950 New Member

We made the fiasco milk stand, but modified it so it would be longer and the head part would hold both kids and adults. I too like to sit behind my does while milking. We have one goat who puts me right on the edge, so I use our other milk stand for her. It was welded by our neighbor when we first started milking goats 3 years ago. Dawn fits great on the old stand, but I like to use the fiasco stand better because its shorter and I can prop my arms up on my knees while I milk. The fiasco stand is a great design, but needs to be modified to hold bigger goats. We also put 1X2 strips on each side because when it is muddy and wet outside and their feet are wet, their legs slide right off the side. Definitely make it longer, in case you ever have a really big goat! Tara