Anyone have the two goat milking outfit from Hoeggars?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by ChristinaF., Dec 23, 2008.

1. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

We have been considering it once we have 12 or more milking. Does anyone have any experience with it....know how well it works? Pros & Cons? I'd love any comments or other recommendations.

Thank you,
    Christina

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No I would not. The small outfits we put together that Miabella and Chris (cottoneyeddoes) has put up on the forum, with shells, claws, inflations, shutoffs, interpulse pulsators (not the old surge pulsators or no claws) you can put together to milk two for $600 to milk 4 $700. I know it's sounds daunting to put something together you don't know how to use but with Sara near you, you could easily buy all the parts and she could help you put it together. A mlking machine is one of those things that if you used it a couple of times, and were mechanical even a tiny bit, you would go...I spent $1200 on this? Plus then you can upgrade to inflations/shells that Tracy has (not sure if she has more or not) etc....Vicki

3. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

I do have the two goat Hoegger machine. This summer was our first season and I only used the one at a time...but must say I really liked it. I've never used any other kind so I wouldn't know as far as comparison goes....but it was easy to use and worked great, never had any trouble and a breeze to clean.

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I would not spend the money for a Hoegger machine. It is certainly not something that is very practical when milking any number of goats.

Christina, give me a call and we'll get something set up for you. :)

Sara

5. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

Good idea Vicki! Thank you, Sara! And I promise that I'm not any nuttier than your average Minnesotan Swed. :lol

Merry Christmas,
    Christina