Antibiotic Meat Withdrawal charts?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by DostThouHaveMilk, Jan 11, 2008.

1. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

Anyone have links to meat withdrawal charts on antibiotics in goats?

We are shipping our first batch of market wethers tomorrow morning and it would be nice if Fiona's wether went with them. He is in good flesh and I'd rather he go before the cold weather moves in again. That and he is taking up space I could be putting mothers and kids in.
    He was the wether treated for Listeriosis back in mid-November. I figure the antibiotics should be out of his system by now but wanted to check out some charts to be sure.

Thanks!

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

All antibiotics are in Goat 101 Saanendoah and they give you ther withdrawl time in the info per antibiotic. if you need help let me know.

3. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

I did a Google search a while back and typed in "Medications Commonly Used in Goats", it pulled up a site that had a chart with meat and milk withdrawals. Maybe that would help you out.

4. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

You are very welcome!!!

5. DostThouHaveMilk

Thanks you guys!
    I tracked down some in the GoatKeeping but that last chart is very helpful! It ahs a much longer withdrawal on the LA200 than saanendoah did and we'd rather be safe than sorry!

6. DostThouHaveMilk

Would Ivermectin Plus be the same hold out as plain Ivermect?

If so, I'm glad that chart was posted. We almost sent a wether that was just shy of a week too early on the Ivermect + and the LA200 shots...
    He will stick around until we send the second batch of wethers through...

7. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

There is an additional component to ivermectin plus. The "plus" is another wormer added in. So it may have a different withdrawal, would have to find out by asking a smarter person or googling.

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

This is what it says on Ivormec Plus
    Do not treat cattle within 49 days of slaughter. Because a withdrawal time in milk has not been established, do not use in female dairy cattle of breeding age. A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.