Another Lute Question---

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Dreen, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Dreen

Dreen Guest

We had a buck breakout, which, amazingly, I have not had before, and we luted everyone to be safe. We had several raging heats and one wet tail. My question, which I have tried to find on the list to no avail, is---How long after the abortion is it safe to lute again to bring into heat and breed? Obviously the breeding dates I wanted to get close to have now been all messed up, but such is life. Thank you!!!

2. I don't know the answer but am needing more information on using lute myself. I had a doeling break INTO the buck pen last week. I don't want to freshen her at all this year. How soon do I lute her?

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Sorry Doreen, I never saw this post. It isn't unsafe to lute ever. Well unless they are pregnant and you want them to stay that way :) After 11 days from the abortion give her lute again she will cycle in 36 hours, ovulate with the cycle? You won't know. Give PG600 with the breeding it will make her cycle. Or cysterellon.

Linda can you look at the vulva and see that she is bred? If yes than wait at least 21 days, make sure she doesn't come back into heat, no heat then 2cc IM of lute. Email me if your vet won't give you any. vicki

4. Vicki, I know she had been in heat. I was on vacation and my helper told me that she got in there for a whole day and the bucks had a merry old time with her. :sigh I'm almost certain that she got bred but will watch to see if she cycles again. I do NOT want to freshen her this year for sure. She is the only animal I have small enough to have found a way through the fence. I'm surprised because we beefed up the fence and double-checked it before we left. My vet is usually pretty good at helping me. I'll let you know if I have any problem. Thanks.