Another LGD question...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by stoneyheightsfarm, Nov 20, 2008.

1. stoneyheightsfarm

stoneyheightsfarm New Member

Tonight when I went out to feed, I found that my Pyr who just got spayed Tuesday was out of her stall! She had to have climbed! She was out running and playing with her sister, but I have instructions to keep her in the stall for a week while she recovers! So, I brought her in the house. She fought me every step of the way, but I can't have her escaping her stall right now! Anyhow, will keeping her in the house for a week or so cause problems with her staying with her goats later? Do I just need to make the stall completely climb proof instead?

2. There was a member on another forum that had to keep their LGD in the laundry room because he was very sick. They didn't have any problems after he was well. He guarded the goats like he had before. I had a dog that loved to climb, they can definately be a pain in the rear. :( I no longer have her though.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

shouldn't be a problem I don't think

4. stoneyheightsfarm

stoneyheightsfarm New Member

Thanks, y'all! And I've discovered yet another good reason I should have leash trained her... She does NOT want to walk on one when I take her out to potty. It's going to be an interesting couple of days! :)

5. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

:biggrin she sounds like my girl's . I dont recommend this.... :blush but our dog when she (dug) under the fence and got in with her goats ,I just left her there as I couldnt catch her :down she was running ,like nothing had happened to her, guess she was glad to be home. I just checked the site to make sure it looked good and wasn't starting to open up, I did keep the goats contained in the barn tho as to cut down on the dogs activity but she done just fine, we had 3 spayed and all of them done this same way , I would have had 4 girls fixed but I could never catch #4 to take her to vet or sell her and 2 weeks ago she got hit by a car :down ,so now I just have 2 spayed girls left :sniffle

6. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

My 1st Pyrenes, Cotton, has always been totally unable to be handled. I wnated her spayed so got a horse vet who gave me a tranquilizer to feed her so we could catch her, then he spayed her in my driveway & used disolvable stitches. I used cattle panel to close off a corner, but let her out once she woke up. Not an ideal way to do it, but the only way we could figure out to get this girl spayed as she would have gone nuts if confined away from her goats!

7. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels New Member

The two vets I use for spaying/nuetering have never had me do anything different past the first day. The first day I was to keep her warm if it was cold and watch her closely for bothering her stitches. After that, they just ran free with the goats regardless.