Another Late Into

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Keeperofmany, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Hi, my name is Wendy and we live in this little hollow on a dead-end road and have just ventured into the world of goats this summer. I love this forum and the people on it. I have learned alot about feeding & health for our goats from Vickie. Thanks Vickie.

I have been lurking and asking a few questions on the soap forum and the cheese forum and thinking that maybe this is something that I can do with the extra milk that we have.

Oh yeah, The goats we have are 2 Nubian doelings 8 & 9 months old, a 5 yr.old Saanen/Nubian cross doe that I am milking, a 2 yr.old Mini Nubian buck, a 6 month old Saanen wether for company and a 9 month old Saanen buck that we are keeping for a friend.
    We also raise Rouen ducks and have an assortment of show Bantams, Rhode Island Reds and 2 wonder what they are geese???

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

2. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Hi Wendy! It is so nice to get to know you a bit better. Welcome to the forum :D

Christy

3. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Welcome Wendy. This is a good place to learn about goats. I raise mostly Nubians and have had goats since 2000.

4. Josie

Josie New Member

Welcome! Vickie helped me out with my first "goat emergency" when I was 14... a while ago ;). The funny thing is that i was told to "go online and search" for Vickie by the wife of a local vet who has now passed away. She told me she'd take Vickie's word over anyone elses out there - even her husband!! :) There is so much knowledge here... love reading and learning.

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hi and WELCOME! thanks for introducing yourself, you just don't know how much it helps everyone to know a little bit abt you and your goats to be able to help out when needed. Vicki and others here have helped me so much that I rarely have to go to a vet now only for emergency situations which thank the good lord are few and far between now with good management. Which of course was gleaned from them here.

6. UnRuli Acres

UnRuli Acres New Member

Welcome!

Yep, getting started with information from Vicki certainly prevents a lot of smack the forehead mistakes later on.

Looking forward to hearing lots from you!

7. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.. :) Welcome! hope your staying warm!

8. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Thanks for the welcomes. As far as staying warm that is only possable if you stay in the house. At my age and with my fibromyalgia (sp) this cold we are having this year is bone-chilling. Even the poor dog only stays out long enough to do his thing and has to be rushed right back in. Oh well, spring is comming!!!
    Hope everyone else up in North country is staying warm too.

Wendy

9. Terry

Terry New Member

Hello and welcome, Wendy.
    Terry

10. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hi Wendy, welcome to the wonderful world of goats.

11. birdiegirl

birdiegirl New Member

Hello Wendy! Welcome!

12. donna

donna Member

Welcome, Wendy! My sister's name is Wendy, so I'll not likely forget yours. :peepwall

13. leslieh

leslieh New Member

Welcome! You'll love this place!

Leslie

14. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Welcome to the Forum.

Camille

15. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Welcome out of lurkdom. :D It's good to have you here!

Sara

16. Katarina

Katarina New Member

17. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

18. KUrby

KUrby New Member

Welcome Wendy, from one fibro sister to another.. I would hate to be up there right now.. burrr.
    Karen