Another Intro...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by countrygirl, Dec 24, 2008.

1. countrygirl

countrygirl Guest

Hello everyone,

I live in Northwest Arkansas..back in the hills. :D I am originally from Idaho, but have lived in Arkansas for most of my life. We have 5 children that are homeschooled ages 12 down to 3.

My husband and I have always been farm people at heart even though we don't really live like it right now. But we're about to take the first step by getting some baby nubians, hopefully in January. Now I'm on a quest to learn as much as possible before they get here! I can't wait to get fresh milk and try making cheese!

I haven't had a chance to read much yet, but am looking very forward to learning a lot from all of you experts. I have lots of questions, and I'll probably be posting more as I think of them.

2. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

Well, I'm not even close to being an expert yet, but welcome. I'm happy to have someone else learning with me!! :D

Blessings,
    Christina

3. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

:welcome
    Glad you found us! There's lots and lots of wonderful topics and great discussions to read. Don't forget to go to Goat Keeping 101 and print off the article by Vicki called "Management from Birth to Kidding". It's an invaluable aid, refer to it often. I know you'll enjoy your new goats, but like your about to find out...they're addictive :help2! :rofl

Tamera

4. Welcome to Dairy Goat Info. You will find alot of information here, be sure to read through Goat Keeping 101 like Tamera suggested. There's alot of information there.
    I raise Nubians and Pygmys.

5. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

Hello from another homeschooler! (As you might have noticed, there seem to be a lot of us around here!)

6. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Hi and Welcome! I raise nubians also. Like everyone has said there is alot of good info here. And if you have questions don't be afraid to ask. That is how we all learn!
    Theresa

7. hello & welcome! I too love nubians. I'm in the Ozarks (just over the AR border....on the MO. side) You've found a great site to learn the many things you'll want to know, before you get your babies.
    susie, mo ozarks

8. shawhee

shawhee Member

Hello and welcome :D

9. Liberty Alpines

Liberty Alpines New Member

Hi from another homeschooler! Welcome to this wonderful forum! It is a wonderful place to learn!
    :hi

10. mamatomany

mamatomany New Member

Science glass in your backyard - fecal sampling on your recent microscope purchase...aaahhh the sweet aroma of schooling around every corner. Welcome :) I love my nubians... your gonna love it here...we have 7 kids and homeschool too. I don't browse around at all....any information I need is right here. These wonderful people have helped me with my rescue purchases (as I like to call them, but I actually paid for these silly have dead goats)..and now they are chubby and happy and prasite free with nice red eye lids! Grab a notebook girlfriend cuz you'll need one :)

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hi and WELCOME!

12. LMonty

LMonty New Member

Welcome! I'm in NW AR too (SW Marion County), and have Nubians. I love it here, March will be 2 years since we moved from upnorth. Hope you enjoy the board and find it as helpful as I do!

13. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Welcome. I raise Nubians, and there's nothing cuter than baby Nubians. I got introduced to them while working for a friend. I hadn't intended to get into goats when I was helping her out, but like others on here say, they're addictive and of course some of them had to follow me home. The rest is history. Find yourself a good goat mentor. It sounds like there are others on this board near you. If they're still on the bottle when you get them, please don't use milk replacer. Goat milk of whole cow's milk is best. Kathie