ANOTHER DECCOX QUESTION

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by KJFarm, Mar 31, 2008.

1. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Some have been having trouble locating the Deccox-M. I was looking over a new PBS book that I got in the mail, and they have a couple of products that might work just as well. One is "Calf Enhancer" by Advanced Agri Solutions and it has Rumensin and direct-fed microbials. The other product is "Pro-Bac-C" by AgriLabs and it has Lasalocid and live, naturally occurring microorganisms, yeast and vitamins in it. So, maybe Kaye or Vicki could comment here on these products????????

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I don't have a clue except make sure anyof your feed stuffs don't have a different cocci med in them in otherwords don't combine Rumensin with a different med.

3. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Never used the two but will give you doses and I'd certainly check fecals to see if it's working.
    Pro-Bac-C:
    lasalocid
    The dose for goats is 2.2mg/kg for goats on a continuous basis. I'm assuming this means daily.
    According to their directions...supply 1mg/kg for a calf. So the dose would be double for a goat.
    LOL...this is an easy one-WHEW!....110#'s is 50kg and 1/8th ounce will provide 50mg of lasalocid or 1mg/kg for a calf. A goat kid that weighs 55#'s needs 1/8th ounce. break it down to the kid's weight.

Rumesin is a tradename for the drug monensin. I don't have a continuous dose for goats on that. I do have a "added to grain" amount. 15-20 grams per ton for goats. As soon as chores are done, I'll try to figure you a dose on this one.
    I will say here that I "shy away" from the drug monensin. And, no, I can't give you a reason right now...only that red flags are coming up in brain on that particular drug.
    Kaye

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

It also has a shelf life, 30 days when mixed in feed. Makes you wonder about the goat blocks with them in it that sit for months in the barns? Vicki