Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is you don't mind me asking how do you use alfalfa is your soap? Do you grind it up?
Thanks VERY much!!
Emily.....a newbie to soap making.... :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.. I read somewere on this forum that someone uses it in their soap and I thought that sounded VERY INTERESSTING!!! And hey I'll learn as much as I can about soap making!! :biggrin
Thanks!
Emily

G

·
Yep, there is enough in my bra at the end of the day that I already have what I need on my body, just use regular soap and the hay stuck to me is already exfoliant enough
Don't ya just love us all...
Barbara
I have heard of some people using it for green colorant, don't know if it sticks without turning brown...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL!! I DON"T think I'll use it in my soap but I was wondering how whoever used it did it.
Emily

·
Registered
514 Posts
That may have been me. I make an Alfalfa soap called 'Cowgirl'. I collect the leaf part of alfalfa, put it in my dehydrator so it's good and dry, and all the creepy crawly's are dead.. then strip the leaves, blend to a powder.. then add at trace to the soap. Don't put in the oven to dry.. don't ask me how I know! :rofl
Makes a nice green color and it doesn't turn brown.. or it hasn't for me. I have noticed if I don't get it to a good powder stage.. the larger 'pieces parts' will turn a brown, I guess from the lye.

Send me an PM with your address and I'll send you a sample!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I use Alfalfa powder all the time for green. I buy it at this tea/natural stuff hippy type shop in Bellingham. It is ground very fine and has little or no exfoliation value depending on how much I use. Stays green!!!
Here's my latest with Alfalfa powder - it's cucumber melon and the green is the Alfalfa

The lighter green is this is Afalfa

This one is a whispier expample:

LOVE it!!! My primary greens are chromimium green and alfalfa powder!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Those are very pretty Bethany!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Whitney,
Thanks!
The doe in your avatar looks so similar to my capella (the doe on my labels) Shame to sell such pretty girl...but alas she is not a good milker and not registered...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bethany, that doe is Pruittville's Apple Dumpling. She is a sweetie!
We've sold our goats and started over before too. It was a great decision for us. I think you will be happy you did. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts