Advanced Registry info

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by cybercat, Dec 2, 2008.

1. cybercat

cybercat New Member

Hello all,

I am new to this group and learning about goats. I am looking for info on the advance regisrty(AR). Where can I find it? I already looked on ADGA and could not find it. :help2

Thanks

*edited by Blissberry - title made searchable

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Re: ISO AR info

Welcome to the forum. :)

What do you want to know?

Advanced Registry (AR) is for those does enrollled in DHIR milk test and awarded a * based on qualifying levels of milk/butterfat/protein.

Sara

3. cybercat

cybercat New Member

Thanks Sara,

Is not the AR a year long program instead of the one day * test? At least that was what I had read on it from my book. I was looking on the directions for how it was done and where I guess. Shall look up the DHIR. Thanks

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Yes.

Did you check out www.adga.org and click on Production Testing? You should be able to find what you are looking for.

My herd has been on Standard DHIR for 10 years. If you have any further questions feel free to ask. :)

Sara

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

If you are looking to use it to buy goats...I would remind you that just because that doe is a 5*m doesn't mean she is a better milker than a 1*m. It just tells you that the dams in that line have been on DHIR for 5 generations.
    Someone around here uses that to sell goats and it doesn't set well with me. It's deception.
    There are several ways to find out what each dam in the extended pedigree milked for each lactation.

I also don't think a one day milk test is used in the production summary on a doe. Am I right ? Sara. I know it doesn't figure in the sire summary or Top 10.
    Most just use it to get the G in front of a CH.
    Kaye

6. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Excellent points Kaye.

You are exactly right.

Sara

7. cybercat

cybercat New Member

Thanks for the indepth info. It never crossed my mind to use the info to buy goats. LOL I was more interested in doing it once I had my goats. Since I am not into showing I thought it was a good way to show their production. Seems I have even more to learn here as I did not know about the numbers in front of the * relating to generations. Good to know though, but it will not make a big differance to me as the goats I will be looking at all are shown from good lines. Breeder was a referal on the breed I want from another breeder out of state. So I am just learning how to read goat pedigrees as opposed to dog. Not to mention everything else in between.

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

And I know you don't know any of us yet, but please feel free to PM some of us who raise the breed you are interested in, to vet the person you are wanting to buy from.

Read everything you can, ask questions, this is a business decision you are making. Glad you found us before the purchase because most come here after the purchase and then find out the grim reality of the goats they purchased. Vicki