ADGA Genetics

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by nitrors4, Oct 23, 2008.

1. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Click Linear History on the left hand side of the page.

Her LA score can be found on the Member's Only portion of the ADGA website:

1-01 78 (+VAA)

Sara

3. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

Now how the heck do I read that. :crazy Do I add up certain ones to get my score? Like is she an 86VVEE or?????
    Linear History For: PRUITTVILLE'S LUKE'S GLOXINA - N001363910 (PB Doe)

LAYear Age ST* SR DY RA RW* RLSV FUA RUH* RUA UD MSL TP TD
    2007 01-01 20 27 34 29 29 31 34 23 19 38 22 16 08

Troy

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:rofl sorry I just feel your pain as I can't read them either :biggrin

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Sara,
    Explain to her the letters above the score and point her to the LA chart for Linear traits. We can't explain the scores in a post...you need to look at the pictures that go along with the #'s.
    Kaye

6. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Sara, how do I get to that part?

Thanks,

Paula

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Paula you have to have a password to get in members only site.

8. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

I fiqured it out, thanks....I had only looked at the "my animals" part...didn't know I could pull up others in that section.

Paula

9. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

I am such a guy. I must have had on my guy glasses when I read your post Sara. I did not even catch the members only part. Sigh. :rofl

What does the 1-01 mean?

Thank you!

Troy

10. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Age, 1(year)-01(months) This doe was 13 months at the time.

Christy

11. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

Okay so she was pretty young which probably has something to do with the low score I assume.

Good stuff to learn.

Thanks!

12. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

I just read the Appraisal guide and WOW. I had flipped through it before, but never read it all the way through. For anyone that has not taken the time to read the guide I would suggest you do so.

Learn something new every day. :biggrin

Troy

13. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

LOL....ok, so we've been saying that exact same thing for ummm...years now! One of the best ways to get over barn blindness and learn small things that will help you later down the road. Cheaper and more informative than shows anyday!

Oh, thought I'd add that no doe/buck under 2 can score an EX overall. Reason yearling scores don't excite me-good or bad.
    Kaye

14. stoneyheightsfarm

stoneyheightsfarm New Member

Appraisal Guide...? Would that be Article X in the ADGA guidebook, or are you referring to something else?

15. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Something else. The ADGA linear apprasial handbook. Think it's $3. Best 3 bucks you ever spent. Used to be online but download took forever and 2 days.
    Kaye

16. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

We tried to order one by snail mail and they told us you have to order it online and print it out, they no longer mail out the booklet. We have the printout at home.

Anyway, that is what Troy said (this is Michelle responding).

Michelle

17. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

They are going to drag us all into the computer age. They are upping registration done by snail mail also, to force online registrations! Guess I will have to drag out that ole pin number :) Vicki

18. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Online registration is SOOO much easier and quicker, I have used it since it became available.

And I believe the LA booklet is still downloadable, there is a link to it in the member's-only section. At least if what you are referring to is all the different diagrams and such...I just downloaded it.

19. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels New Member

Vicki, when is this going into affect?? I am about to send all my paperwork in by snail mail but I don't want to if its going to cost me more!

20. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Not Vicki.

I believe this goes into effect January 1st.

You have some time. :)

Sara