ADGA Genetics version 2.0

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Tricia, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Tricia

Tricia New Member

The test version of the new adgagenetics is at

http://genetics.missdees.com/.

Love being able to see polled information and black for Oberhasli (and I hadn't known Toggs were tracked for black, too) and the linear appraisal history. New format is super, too.

2. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Thank you,Trisha. Oooooo, so much easier to use than last one!
    I hope he gets the *m & GCH,CH's added.
    Kaye

3. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

I *love* the polled addition!

I was able to track down where Rudy's polled gene likely came from. There are a lot of animals in his pedigree that were marked as disbudded. However, on his dam's side I can find registered polled Nubians back in the late 1960s and early 1970s of that line. I had hit a dead end at his DDD. I was going to need to snailmail the breeder. It only shows his sire and his dam's dam as polled on the papers.
    I know there is still a chance that it is inaccurate, but finding those genetics way back there and having dealt with polled goats that would have been disbudded if I hadn't followed my gut instinct, I know how easy it is to get them confused.

4. coso

coso Guest

Cool I played with it for about and hour.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Thanks Tricia, they are also supposed to merge the Lonesome Doe and Lonesome-Doe for old herds on the old out of house computer. Vicki

6. Knotneer

Knotneer New Member

I think Gene said on the preview forum that the CHs and *Ms are proprietary and ADGA wants to keep them on the members-only database. His info comes from USDA. The SG and SGCH are on the new database though.
    It's not *M, but there is a column labeled "Eval" that shows if a goat has Production or Type records available. You can go to that goat's page, click on USDA Data to view her milk records.

7. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

WOW- this is so cool.....yet another place for me to spend time when I should be working or something :)