Acne soap

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Lafingkid, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Lafingkid

Lafingkid New Member

This has been covered before and I copied it, but I still have a few questions. I plan to use the Walmart recipe with Shea butter. I have tea tree oil coming. I was planning on using 2 oz. (this is what Vicki uses in her Just soap), but for an acne soap should I use a little more? Also, I was thinking about making green tea and then dissolving the lye in that and add goat milk later. Then I thought the more goat milk the better, so I was planning on putting the green tea (how much?) in the sunflower oil for a week or so. What do you think?

What else do you add to an acne soap?

My son went from bad to worse in the last 9 months or so. He has been using a lot of harsh chemicals and I finally told him to stop and made him use the goat milk soap (thanks Vicki) only, morning and night. It is looking better, but not great. Thought about trying the oil thing (castor oil/sunflower oil), but he did think that might be a lot of work but he is getting desperate.

Thanks,
    Lisa

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

More Tea Tree Oil would not only offend his nose, but it could be harsh.

Soap is a wash off product, most acne is nutritional. A biggy is to get him putting his head back when washing his hair so the wax in the cream rinse and chemicals in his shampoo do not go on his face. Using the soap for a shampoo is much better if he will do this. Does he use alot of skin care products? Hair products? These sweat down into the pores of the skin.

Nothing beats acne more than diet though. Taking hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and white sugar out of the diet. Have him try it for a month. If he only wants to do one thing do the high fructose corn syrup.

Write down on your list of questions for soap class about acne, I will try to get my old info I used with my son. Vicki

3. Josie

Josie New Member

This was what made the difference for me in my teen yrs. I still get occasional breakouts (hormonal) but cutting sugar, processed sugar has made a HUGE difference. Plus I feel better. :)