? about the club

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by eliya, Aug 28, 2008.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

I want to start this off by saying that I think this is a wonderful and much needed idea. Thank you all for stepping up to the plate and getting this going. I have a question...

Is this the same club as:
    http://americanminimanchadairygoat.bravehost.com

Maybe I've missed something, it seems I've been doing a lot of that today... I need to get over this cold!

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yep that is the one I set up 3 or 4 yrs ago :) which will be done away with depending on the name we chose here.

3. eliya

eliya New Member

O.K. That makes sense. I just thought I'd check as it would be confusing if there were multiple clubs.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Oh there will be muliple clubs :) There are always thoughs who will decent and start their own, it's the nature of the beast. But once going after recognition with a registry once you are deemed the recognized breed club the rest is moot. It gives you power to change or not change the breed standard, with all changes made to that breed standard going through the host club, us. Which is what you want when you are starting a breed, not willy nilly changes from a registry who usually makes up a very small portion of those who breed the breed. Everyone can be heard that wants to be heard and make real changes when you go through an association. Vicki

5. eliya

eliya New Member

YES. I think Andrea will be really glad to hear that you guys are getting this underway. MDGA has always wanted to have more breed clubs for the different breeds. I think it is the MiniLaMancha's time.