a dumb thing i did....

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by chewie, Aug 16, 2008.

1. chewie

chewie New Member

this weekend i planned to remove the 3 mo. old bucklings from the baby girls. (2 boys, 3 girls) only this noon hubby came in the house and said ''uh, ricky and lucy were making little ricardo's!!" oh great. they are bro./sis. and she is far to young anyhow. i asked if he was sure ricky 'finished', and hubby said, OH yeah. oh crap. can i give a lute. shot to goats?

i realize this was a dumb move on my part, shoulda moved them before this, but honestly, he wasn't being frisky til today. ok, at least not that i seen anyhow! makes me so mad cuz there in the other pen is my 'breeding' buck, doing nothing!! please don't yell at me too much, i already know how dumb i was!

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OK so how much is too much??? :rofl

yep you should separate by 8wks. but yes you can lute I would wait now till next month and then lute but believe it is 10 or 12 days you must wait. I can't remember exactly what the correct wait time is. If you don't get an answer here then PM one of the other Moderators

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Chris no bucklings no matter their age should be with any doelings this time of year. When folks post photos of their new buckling and doelings and they are together I always cringe :)

2cc lutelyse IM...wait at least 3 weeks. If you give it before implantation of the kids into the uterus than it will do nothing and you will have this baby kidding. Vicki

4. chewie

chewie New Member

no matter how much you yelled, i wouldn't feel any worse! but this is a big lesson learned, not to be repeated!

thanks vicki, geesh i feel stupid. i knew better, just thought i had a bit more time. ugh. i certainly do not want this baby having babies!

5. Wendy Tinney

Wendy Tinney New Member

I'm always so shocked at how fast those little guys start humping each other. It seems to have been so quick this year. I think it was because the little bucks were in a pen next to my big bucks.

Wendy

6. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

they always start before you want them to, unless of course you need them to breed. Then they get shy. sigh.