2month old with blisters

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by bafrienddc, Apr 4, 2008.

1. bafrienddc

bafrienddc New Member

I need some help with diagnosis and treatment for a 2 month old female with tiny pin head size white blisters all around her anus. She has also had a pretty intense rash on her abdomen at the crease of her thighs. Last month she had what looked like really bad diper rash on the underside of her tail. I treated with diaper rach medicine and it cleared up but now she has these blisters. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

brad friend
    Terra Alta, WV

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

would treat for staph

3. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

You could try cleaning the areas really well with chlorhexidine scrub...that works well for staph infections and the like. I don't know if you necessarily need to do injections, I would recommend penicillin but may not need to if the areas aren't spreading.

4. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

My babies have that too! Under their tails is all bumpy. Nothing coming to a head. Like baby acne.

The only Chlorhexidine diacetate (2%) I can find locally is Nolvasan S (scented) premise cleaner or the Chlorhexidine Gluconate (wound cleaner). I know because I was looking to replace my teat dip and wanted Nolvasan to dilute because I was using Nolvasan teat dip, Chlorhexidine acetate 4%. Bummer.

Sondra, what treatment do you suggest. I did vaccinate my three does with Lysigin prior to kidding...boosters and all. :( Just as instructed.

5. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

The chlorhexidine surgical scrub we use is chlorhexidine gluconate. Maybe the acetate form is the solution, not the scrub? I am not sure what the difference is.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

And it can be immunity to orf from mom. Usually found in the ears, around the tail and in damp folds between the legs. Little sandpapery bumps that don't do anything uless you gung them up or dry them out and cuase staph...probably what the diaper rash ointment did.

There is no place for any balms or salves like this in the treatment of anything on the farm. Fural and chlorhexiderm should pretty much be the only stuff you use on your place for anything. Vicki

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Chlorhexiderm or benydine scrub stuff is what I would use.

8. goatkid

goatkid New Member

We use chlorohexadine when kids get bumps like that. If you can't find it at your store, you can order the generic stuff from Western Ranch Supply online. It's much cheaper than the name brand Nolvasan. Kathie