26 Kids in one weekend!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravenwood, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Ravenwood

Ravenwood New Member

Hi all,

We had a crazy busy weekend!! We had 26 meat kids this weekend!! Insanity! Yesterday we had 7 does kid before noon, and another in the afternoon. I was run off my feet but it was a great day. Nothing like a beautiful, sunny Sunday when I am home with nothing to do. I am relieved that these are all dam raised meat babies. I can't imagine keeping up this pace with kids on CAE prevention! We had another set of twins this morning that brings us to only 4 more does to kid (I have 22 meat does total). If the remaining 4 go today I'll officially have a 7 day kidding season. YEAH! I am quite impressed with the quality of kids from my new buck and his libido is obviously working!!

First Nubian is due March 13. I am kidding out 5 Nubians this year. These 5 will probably be as much work as the 22 meat goats combined! LOL

Very exciting that kidding has started with a BANG!

Tam

2. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Wow busy weekend ...go take a nap !

Patty

3. Ravenwood

Ravenwood New Member

I wish!! I run a dayhome with 3 little ones under 3 years old so "nap" is a word I am not familiar with for my own self. :)

4. Truly

Truly New Member

Oh My Goodness!!

I am glad for you that you aren't bottle feeding all those babies.

Pictures?

5. Ravenwood

Ravenwood New Member

Me too! I think with the babies from my 5 Nubians I will be busy enough in the bottle dept. Usually we have a couple meat kids we end up bottle feeding but so far *touch wood* we have not had any trouble. Sure helps to select for good mamas.

6. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Wow, that is alot of kids!! :crazy At least you are almost done so maybe next weekend you can get some rest!

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

20 too many for me to handle :)

8. Ravenwood

Ravenwood New Member

We are up to 30 now (2 more does kidded today!) and only 3 more does to go. I am giddy that it has been going so smoothly. Yay yay yay! Double checked my book and my Nubians start a week tomorrow. First Nubian is already starting to get an udder. I'm so excited and hope I have as much luck with them as I've had with the meat girls.

9. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Wow, and I think I am crazy if two or three kid in the same day.. Congrads on all the hard work, etc
    Barbara

10. haeema

haeema New Member

Woo Hoo!! Good job! I sure would have been skinny by the end of that day LOL!

11. Wow thats alot of kids! Congrats. Im glad everything is going smoothly. Hopefully the rest of the kiddings will go smoothly to.

12. Ravenwood

Ravenwood New Member

hee hee! I am the furthest thing from skinny these days...just a bit over 5 months preggers. Sure don't have the agility and stamina I'd have otherwise!! But kinda nice to be so busy. Takes my mind off being cumbersome and slow. LOL

13. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

:biggrin Congrats on so many babies! And congrats on your own pregnancy too! :D