2010 Nationals moved to Kentucky

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by NubianSoaps.com, Jan 12, 2009.

1. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Hello all
    I'm not sure how many this affects as the 2010 National is a distance from us (well maybe not so far from Texas!), but the 2010 National Show will now be held in Kentucky due to health regulation problems in the former site. below is a copy of the letter from Greg Morris Directors received this morning. have a great day! oh! and remember the 2009 National show is in California.

"Hello fellow directors

After much work we have not been able to work out a solution to the TB issue between MN / WI it has also came to light the state of IL is now going to enforce there requirement that animals going to MN and returning home would have to be quarantined 60-120 days and retested for TB.

A letter has been sent to the Minnesota Dairy Goat Association informing them of this, with that said per board action we will be moving the show to the alternate site in Louisville KY in 2010.

Thank you from the National shows committee’s

Sincerely
    Greg Morris"

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Yeah, yippy. :/

Sara

3. KingsCoGoatGuy

KingsCoGoatGuy New Member

That's not to far only a good couple days drive... Oh no I could see doing the drive just to watch that show. :)

4. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:rofl Oh, DARN, and I so wanted to get to "crash" at Sara's house through the whole ordeal! Heck I would have even stayed in her barn...cause I bet it's cleaner than the show barn.

LOL...now, to figure out some way to get it closer than California! :biggrin "Road trips" of more than 3 days are not my cup of tea! Maybe diesel and gas will stay low...?
    Kaye

5. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

DARN! And while KY is so much closer, I had my trip to MN already planned!! :sigh

6. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

Rats! It would have been fun just to go watch and help out. :sigh

Christina

7. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

hmmm, that sounds pretty cool. Kentucky isn't far at all from VA. I may just be able to go to this one. Yippie!

8. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Whoo Hoo... that works for me too.

I looked at ADGA.. couldn't find.. so? Where is 2009 Nationals this year?

9. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:rofl finally, someone further away from California than me! :sigh
    Kaye

10. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

Well Kaye - it sure does sounds like you have become addicted to going to the National show! We are also sad about it not being in MN but since we already know our way to KY should be able to make it work - as we really did have a GOOD TIME there last year! ;) No way are you getting me to drive all the way to California though!
    Mary

11. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:rofl Just think of how many times Tim could run out of diesel ON THAT TRIP!? Oh,my!

California is still a big, maybe! I like goats but dang, 3-4 days on a road trip with them? Not sure I like them THAT well!
    LOL...yeh, I placed high enough my first time out to actully make me want to do better! :/ Worse than gambling! :rofl different judge, different day, different placing. :/
    Kaye

12. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I would like to go but we'll see. If I don't haul the goats out there I made a promise that I would fly out. That would be so much fun and little stress!

Kaye, since Mary is a wuss and won't drive out to California perhaps we'll have to caravan together. ;) Wouldn't THAT be a trip?!

Sara

13. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

I can do KY! We wnet last year & did the exhibition with the Nigerians. Can't do CA- just too far to drive thru the desert with me being the only driver.

14. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Oh, Yeh!! BUT....Tim is NOT leading the way! The person with the smallest gas tank (or bladder) is in front! :twisted

Actually, I've been invited to haul with someone, so at least the driving gets split up. Still undecided about traveling that far, just for a goat show! :lol
    Kaye

15. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Sara, I have made the same promise....flying out, helping, showing...but OH so MUCH easier and less stress....heck, I get beat at a two day weekend show and hour away....takes me to Wednesday to get back to normal.

Paula

16. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I would LOVE to go to the California Nationals without animals but I don't want to go alone.

17. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

I think we're going, again, but will probably fly out like we did last year.

18. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

We won't be going to CA this year. I tried...and got an instant "NO!" LOL! We will be going to KY next year, though. :)

19. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

:woohoo Ky is good for me if things work out for me.
    Deana