Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 bucklings that are doing great so far, being raised by their mom. Will be 1 wk. old tomorrow.

I just noticed last night that 1 of them had a bit of feces "stuck" in his bottom, still there this morning. Seems like it's just not coming out. Is there something that I can give him to just get it to pass through easily? I've noticed him look like he's straining to go, but it's still stuck :(

Thanks!

G

·
Give him a baby enema. You can find these at Wal-Mart.

Or make your own with a small amount of mineral oil in a syringe with the needle removed.

Either way will work almost instantly. Karo syrup (orally) can work but it takes much longer.

Sara

·
Registered
398 Posts
I get teh Fleet babys enemas and keep them on hand just in case I need them for the G'kids also so I always have them. They are already liquid and you just insert and depress. I have also used suppositories that work and the soapy water enema, make sure its Ivory lquid that isnt the antibacterial type...cant use that type of soap either. I use a lure slip syringe and its got a longer tip on it.and a little KY on the end to insert it.about 3 cc's or maybe more depending on the blockage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts