New Regional Rate Box C

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Anita Martin, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

I just got a sample packet of boxes from my mail man today that included a new box for regional rate shipping called "regional rate box C) It's HUGE! It will probably hold 100 bars of soap, although I haven't checked, but the weight limit is 25 pounds. :( I haven't looked at the price for shipping it yet, but the other two box sizes are really cheap. These new boxes would be great for shipping gift baskets or things that don't weigh a whole lot but have some size to them. I just hope when the post office cuts services like they say they are going to that flat rate and regional rate services don't get cut.

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Thanks.....I'll check them out!

3. Faye Farms

Faye Farms New Member

I got the sample pack today too. That was awfully nice of the USPS to send them to me. Usually I don't find out about these things unless I read it on a forum.

4. Anita Martin

Yes, I was quite surprised when my mailman knocked on my door and gave me a package that I had not ordered. I was especially surprised that they came out with another new box with cheaper rates amid all the recent talk about postal service cuts. The regional rate boxes seem a little thinner than the regular flat rate boxes, which is probably why they have that weight limit I suppose. I just wish they'd come out with one around the same size as the small flat rate for like $2 bucks.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I use A and B toploading boxes, and I only use it in my area, so only Texas folks get the ultra cheap $6 shipping. Why...because the boxes are flimsy compared to the flat rate boxes....and once you get away a few states it is cheaper to simply use the flat rate boxes. And we did just talk about these on the forum before Christmas, cause I asked :) Vicki

6. Faye Farms

Faye Farms New Member

Yes, but there was no "BOX C" when we talked about it before. The letter that comes with my box says not to use them until after Jan. 22.

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

What is the weight on Box C? Vicki

8. Faye Farms

Faye Farms New Member

Box C has a 25 lb limit.
    Just for reference for those not familiar, Regional A has a 15 lb limit and Regional B has a 20 lb limit.

9. Anita Martin

Yeah, I can't really see the C box as being useful for soap. I haven't filled the box up yet, but I'm sure if it were full it would weigh more than 25 pounds and is flimsy. But for baskets I've been thinking about making they would probably be perfect.